Space Ritual video daily digest

Mike Coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 28 23:48:25 EDT 2015

I do of course intend to "jump" for Hawkwind and the fans but alas I am just not the right material :)

However, while I dom still struggle to adjust to the concept of your "tinsyships", I would say the follwing makes a good model for the Hawklords:

OCCUPANT ENTERS CAR

The locale this time was in Idaho which, with sections of Washington and Oregon, might he considered the U.S. continuation of Canada's Cariboo country. As reported by the National Investigations Committee on Aerial phenomena which gave considerable attention to the case, it was about 9:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2, 1961 (note it was a Friday in late autumn and so perhaps the same night that Herman Sten had his experience) when two Navajo Indian youths, Will Begay and Guy Tossie, were blinded by a sudden brilliant flash as they were driving on Highway 26 outside Ririe. Although Begay, driving, did not apply the brakes, their car stopped and a small domed UFO appeared just above the highway ahead of them. Flashing green and orange lights seemed to be revolving around its rim, and through the transparent dome the startled young men saw two small humanoid figures.

After a moment the dome swung open and one of the creatures drifted lightly to the ground. Then, to quote NICAP: "His height was a little over three feet. His face had a rough look - like 'scars, deep scars,' as one of the Indians said. He had large 'high' ears; his eyes were round, and his mouth was a slit with very thin lips or none at all. No nose could be seen in the roughness of the face."

To the horror of the witnesses, the creature approached the car, opened the driver's door without apparent difficulty and climbed in as the frightened Indians huddled toward the other side. Whether the humanoid then actually drove the vehicle or it was pulled somehow by the UFO remains unknown, but it did move ahead into a field of stubble wheat while the UFO manoevred in front.

When the car stopped after a short distance Tossie, on the right hand side, leaped and ran to a nearby farmhouse where he babbled out his story. Eventually the farmer and his son persuaded the "incoherent Indian" to take them to the car where they found Begay, paralyzed with fear, sitting alone with his eyes closed. Later Begay said the creature in the car had jabbered at him in high, rapid sounds "like a bird" until he was joined by the other humanoid. The two strange beings then returned to the UFO which, with a flame-like light glowing from the bottom, climbed off into the night.

Later there were two other UFO sightings in the same area. A man in a pickup truck said he was stopped by a strange flying device from which a small being emerged, while in the second case a woman, Mrs. Quinn, said she saw a low-flying orange light that appeared to be rotating.

Considered separately, the U.S. humanoid accounts, as in so many other cases, are completely puzzling. Why would bizarre beings, presumably so highly developed they can visit us from another world, drop down in lonely places to harrass motorists? On the face of it, they appear to be bad-tempered idiots.

But considered as part of the UFO wave to the north, the U.S. incidents make a great deal more sense. In this light we begin to see a total intelligible plan in which our visitors examined us in a myriad of ways, ranging from a look at our largest new power system to a personal on-the-ground study of "what makes earthlings run?"

Some might balk at the idea of lumping the Canadian and U.S. incidents together on the grounds that the UFOs were too unlike each other. For instance, the object seen by Herman Sten on the Cariboo highway was apparently massive compared to that encountered (possibly the same night) by the two Indian lads. Respective diametric measurements were about 100 feet and eight feet.

Impossibly different though these measurements may seem, we have a hunch that in both cases the craft was the same. On the night of his experience Sten saw an object with a rotating light near a stretch of highway where he was the only motorist at the time. It could almost have been waiting for him. Just over three hours later - if it was the same night - in the neighboring State of Idaho on another lonely stretch of highway the two Navajo youths had their remarkable encounter. The object thev saw apparently had rotating lights, plural, but any of the witnesses might have been mistaken in this respect. The actual number of lights would probably seem to vary with the speed of rotation. Also it should be remembered that Mrs. Quinn's description of a UFO over Idaho that night tallied closely with Sten's in British Columbia.

As for size, all the witnesses made their observation at night. with nothing but a dark shape and moving light- or lights to judge by they could be expected to vary widely in their guesses. Also all the witnesses were in a state of alarm - to put it mildly in the case of the two Indians. This would certainly add to the confusion.

The point we are after is that the seemingly absurd activity of some UFOs may actually have great purpose. If we put all the reports together, no doubt is left that two years ago North America, or at least its northwest section, was given minute hut barely noticed scrutiny by our strange visitors. Somewhere in space the results of that scrutiny, plus many others, have been tabulated. The time almost certainly approaches when the purpose of all this will become clear.

Now, what about that other totally different object, the brilliant white light that landed near Brian Grattan's ranch at Lone Butte?

To touch on a possible clue we will refer back to an incident described in our issue no. 3 when, on Vancouver Island in the summer of 1968, building contractor Hans Sorensen saw a strange light over his place which seemed similar to the Grattan sighting in brilliance and size. From this light there emerged a smaller one of conventional soccerball size.

So here again we have the mother-ship performance. Possibly the Grattans were visited by a mother-ship smaller than that seen by their neighbors, the Hills, but performing a similar function. If so, it keeps intact the pattern of lights and discs carrying out their strange but related duties.