Aural Innovations Radio: New Space Rock Show

Jerry Kranitz spacerock at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Thu Oct 15 04:04:58 EDT 2015

http://Aural-Innovations.com

I've just uploaded a new edition of Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio (show
#360). See the playlist below. Aural Innovations broadcasts 24 hours a day
in both streaming and download editions. You can go directly to the Radio
shows page at: http://aural-innovations.com/radio/radio.html

Note that new REVIEWS are posted regularly to the Aural Innovations Reviews
page at:

http://aural-innovations.com/blog/

Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio: F/I AND VOCOKESH ARE ALIVE AND WELL
SPECIAL (show #360)

For over 30 years, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, based F/i have been creating
creating an array of Space Rock, Space Core, Blanga, Psychedelic, Noise
music, and hold an important place in the history of American underground
Space Rock. Founding member Richard Franecki left to form the band Vocokesh
in 1990, which took F/i's adventures in a slightly different but related
direction. Both bands have been far more active in recent years than I had
realized, with numerous releases on mostly German labels.

This TWO PART special celebrates the music of both F/i and Vocokesh. Part
One focuses on the recent years releases that I had been largely unaware of
until now and includes some unreleased music that Richard Franecki has
graciously made available for this show. And Part Two covers both bands
earlier years.

Part One: Recent Years

F/i - "Galaxy Of Blanga To Telepath Zero" (from Cosmic Assassin)

Vocokesh - "The Philosopher's Tone" (from The Alchemist´s Tale)

Vocokesh - "Meet Me at the Zone" (from Electric Indian Blues)

F/i - "Venusian Holiday" (from Venusian Holiday)

Vocokesh - "Pretty Acoustic Piece" (from Dr. Hofmann's Bicycle Ride)

Vocokesh - "Mind Flowers" (unreleased)

F/i - "Incense And Kerosene" (from The Itinerant Lanternist)

F/i - "Improvisation" (from Further Hallucinations In The Garden Of Blanga)

Vocokesh - "9 Miles Under" (from Looking For My Head)

Vocokesh - "Missing Link Shuffle" (unreleased)

F/i - "The Sands Of Saturn" (unreleased)

Vocokesh - "The Cruising Song" (from Dr. Hofmann's Bicycle Ride)

Vocokesh - "Theme From Get On The Train" (from Seeing It From The Other
Side)

F/i - "Jimi Hendrix at the Kennedy Assassination" (from F/i - Boy Dirt Car
split 2012)

F/i - "Looking For My Head (2012 version - unreleased)

Vocokesh - "1000 Words in One Picture" (from Shadows Of Things Past)

F/i - "OnOff" (from The Itinerant Lanternist)

Vocokesh - "improvisation" (unreleased)

Part Two: History

F/i - "From Poppy With Love" (from Paradise Out Here)

F/i - Untitled (from Zombie)

F/i - "Below The Salt" (from Radio 2)

F/i - "Wave #7" (from Radio 2)

Vocokesh - "Paradise Revisited A" (from Paradise Revisited)

Vocokesh - Track 2 (from Smile! And Point At The Mountain?)

F/i - "Five Crowns Of The Saxon King" (from 7" single)

F/i - "Keep The Third Eye Open" (from A Question For The Somnambulist)

Vocokesh - "Ispepnaibara Part 2" (from Ispepnaibara)

Vocokesh - "Vibe #4" (from The Tenth Corner)

F/i - "Space Mantra" (from Space Mantra)

Richard Franecki - "The Celler" (excerpt)

Richard Franecki & Hadley Kahn - "Diagnosis" (from Eemn)

F/i - "Aum" (from Out Of Space & Out Of Time)

F/i - "An Observation: The Eye At The Top Of The Pyramid" (from Why Not
Now?...Alan!)

F/i - "Looking For My Head" (from F/i - Boy Dirt Car split 1986)

Vocokesh - "Suddenly a Bright Light" (Upon Further Examination)

Vocokesh - "Eddie's Freakout" (from ...All This and Hieronymus Bosch)

Vocokesh - "Vocokesh Theme Song" (from Through The Smoke)

http://Aural-Innovations.com