OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Wed Sep 2 12:07:26 EDT 2015

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, Jonathan Smith wrote:
> Motorhead ran out of ideas years ago. They sound more like ordinary metal
> every time.
>
> The recent albums may have good tracks but I cannot be bothered to listen
> to them any more.

 	I'd say that there's two or three really good tracks on most to
all of the Motorhead albums post-, well, _Orgasmatron_? There are one or
two stand-outs with more--for me _Sacrifice_ is almost all excellent--but
there's something worth hearing on all of them and usually two or three
somethings. (Except maybe on _Inferno_ and _Snake Bite Love_, but I guess
everyone has their favourites and not-so-favourites.) By some reckonings,
that's not much of a hit rate, but it beats many another artist's
especially after so long... Yours,
 				   Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."