OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Sep 4 09:10:31 EDT 2015

No, _Iron Fist_ was not the best. I think Lemmy might agree. I didn’t hear _Another Perfect Day_ until long after its release, obviously — though I thought it was pretty good. Maybe not one of the topmost, maybe a bit different, but pretty good! I think the rest of the world has slowly been coming ‘round to that opinion, as well. :) But, yeah, Robbo didn’t really work out; frankly, I think that’s been a bit of a problem for him everywhere. Oh well.

I think things did pick up post-_We Are Motorhead_, but perhaps not a _lot_. I think most of the records from the last 10 years are not bad, pretty consistent, a few better songs … but not _amazing_. Still, when you’ve already got a pretty strong back-catalog, that’s a lot to live up to. I should have such troubles! :D

As with Hawkwind: I listen to the last few albums, from 2010, and they’re all right. A few good songs (though a certain amount of meandering “filler” and a _lot_ of self-covers which, at best, do not necessarily add much against the originals.)

Mind you, I’m not picking out MH and HW to harsh on! :) It’s relatively rare that people come along with records I think are really, consistently good. And I tend to hold my favourite bands to relatively high standards. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson