OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Sep 9 23:01:17 EDT 2015

All fair points, though I feel increasingly like Hawkwind have gotten a _bit_ carried away with the self-covers.  The can be good — even very, very good indeed. Like I say, I’ll put the _Palace Springs_ “A&B>GV” or “Mask of Morning” up against just about anything …. But I’m not sure that _all_ of the self-covers fall into the “essential re-imaginings" category.

I mean, on _Spacehawks_ (not winning any prizes for "world’s most imaginative album title", but, anyway, moving on …) something like 7 of the 16 tracks are (I think) self-covers?

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson