OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Sep 10 08:07:52 EDT 2015

Yet even granting that, even _Onward_ has a self-cover on the first disc (“Death Trip”, itself already previously self-covered a decade previously) along with another 3 on the second disc (if one has that, and allows “Aerospace Age” as a kind of Hawkwind song — which is at least arguable); _Blood of the Earth_ 2 self-covers on the first disc, and another 3 on the 2-disc version.

I’m not saying all self-covers are bad — very much the opposite — I’m just saying Hawkwind does it a _lot_ in comparison to most acts of which I can think.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson