OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Sep 10 11:12:56 EDT 2015

Actually, now that I think about it, that story is even more convoluted that I thought, since I think the Dead debuted live versions of “Playing in the Band” in 1971, possibly before either the Hart or Weir solo album versions were recorded!

Anyway, getting way off topic … :)

It’s not that HW record studio self-covers — lots of bands do. There’s been that trend of band’s re-recording (and/or touring) their classic albums (with quite mixed results, depending, I think). Dave Wyndorf/Monster Magnet has now completely “revisited” 2 MM albums. Just HW seem to have been scattering handfuls of studio covers across a _lot_ of recent records. Is the “Right to Decide” on _Onward_ either an improvement on the original or *really* necessary? I’m not sure ….

Oh well!

Cheers,
Carl

--