OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Fri Sep 11 06:53:41 EDT 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> I mean, the Grateful Dead pretty much failed to come up much new
> material during the ‘80s (despite coughing up their only hit single late
> in the decade). There were about 3 records over the decade; they just
> toured and toured on the strength of the scene and their old material.
> Fair enough; probably it wouldn’t have helped their cause to re-record
> fan favorites from the ‘70s to pad out a few extra records in the ‘80s.
> Who would have been impressed by that, for all that the fans were
> digging hearing those same songs at gigs?

 	Whoever was impressed by Blue Öyster Cult's _Cult Classic_, I
expect! Oh wait... Yours,
 			   Jon

ObCD: DarXtar - _We Came Too Late_
 	Jonathan Jarrett, Leeds      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 	"May the Lord Almighty guard your life, because among other
  things it is of great value in silencing the idiocies of blatherskites."
   (Archbishop Lanfranc of Canterbury to Archbishop John of Rouen, 1073)