OFF: Re: Sympathy For The Devil (Motorhead new album taster)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Sep 11 08:20:51 EDT 2015

;) Though I think, however we approach that, it’s a relatively _specialized_ audience who’s impressed by that sort of thing.

Wasn’t a lot of the impetus for _Cult Classic_ to generate versions of classic tracks over which the current band actually had control? Like for use in TV and stuff? (Isn’t that partially why the “karaoke” versions were included? I seem to recall some of those having been used for such purposes.)

I suspect a similar impulse was part of what drove Amorphis’s recent “Magic & Mayhem” collection of re-recorded tracks from their early albums (which I’ve heard that they basically have never got any income from), though that may have also been aimed at newer fans who were familiar with their output from the last 10 years or so, but not the early ‘90s stuff. (This was perhaps not the case with _Cult Classic_ — the good Dr. Jarrett’s situation possible excepted! :) )

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson