[boc-l] FW: HW: i read all the Moorcock, never the Ballard or Bester or the Herbert

Christian Eric Mumford royalistradio at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:07:55 EDT 2016

more listopoppy for derrr ix

From: royalistradio at hotmail.com
To: boc-l at lists.ispnet.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:08:33 +0200
Subject: [boc-l] HW: i read all the Moorcock, never the Ballard or Bester or the Herbert

But i did read loads of lovely man Kurt Vonnegut, a little Kafka, Orwell's "1984" fucked with me so much maan in 1996, but hey i wanna read the High Rise Ballard thing and Bester Airplane Hugo Non Award stuff and the Herbert stuff just cause i loved the 1984 Dune flick with Sting. I started on Lovecraft but it was too archaic and i wasnt in the mood to be some slow reading dreary old wartbag. But i did love Burgess "A Clockwork Orange" in 2012 in a week with the extended ending. Thats beat stuff in a sense, yet punk yet SF. Loved the film for 30 years whatever of course. I also started on Brunner "The Compete Traveller In Black" but i bailed after first chapter. I also read all i could by Douglas Adams when i was 14-15 cause i wanted to figure out the Infocom text computer game, i always died in the airlock near the start!!!

THE thing is all i can do these days is listen to music cause i am animated like an android and walk around like a robot and androids well they dont feel or like to read books. All i do is sit around with my worn Tibetan Book Of The Dead and dart about with demons in Bardo and then go to The Egyptian one and realise Christ was a Pharaoh style solar dude man, they even mention him in there. The FESTIVALIZED book by Ian Abrahams and Bridget Wishart i leafed thru Penny Rimbeaud, Judge Trev, Mick Farren, Nik Turners passages but not cover to cover. I wish everything to anyone i could just lay around and absorb knowledge and become more powerful in doing so but all i can concentrate is music. So i buy music for $400 a month or 600 maybe and just sit around with tons of Vinyl and CDs and smoke. I still havent read all my old "Squadron Supreme" 1985 Marvels i got or my Bryan Talbot "Brainstorm!" book my brother in NYC got me a few years ago. And i cant read Hawkfan anymore cause a) Brian hates Nik and gets all wussy and angry and kicks your post off on his FB forum if ya EVEN mention Nik, and b) cause all Hawkfan has been the past 6 years has been Yule or Hawkeaster reports twice a year like "me, Anne and Dibs" and blahahahablah. No art, no comix, just long winded Hawkfest stuff with pics of Anne and Brian Hawk so and so well i'll be damned!

BTW my bookwormish Deadhead pothead/migraine medicine popper friend Mary Ann Sullivan Bruce, i wish i could listen to audio books but i CANNOT its gotta be music. I cant read or play music but i am one hell of dancer.

Christian