[boc-l] HW: Voivod's Silver Snake Oiled Machine, vs Syd Barrett gas attack...: An American Lyckanthrope in London

Christian Eric Mumford royalistradio at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 01:44:52 EDT 2016

Rip roar Singerman Entertainment (Lemmy's management)

Rrroooaaarr by Voivod.

The new Hawkwind "Silver Machine" cover by Voivod is like lounge jazz. Ugh. And i love their Astronomy Domine and 21st Schitzoid Man covers. They lost the metal and went jazz or something. I like to wank, and i like wank like Krimson and Wank Floyd and Goth Wank and Barrett Wank in the Wanker Home but Voivod must be pensioned from Thrash metal, a little Going Away party and Piggy is flown to his grave so... Snake still barely masters english but oh he so snake oil charming little French curly feller. Chewie copies Piggy too much. And Rocky aint Blacky or Eric Forrest. I actually dig the Negatron/Phobos/Lives/Kronik era with Eric.

Its on Bandcamp if anyone wants to listen. I got my CD from Grooves Inc in Germany via eBay.

Speaking of those canadian dries, the band Vektor copy the jazzy avant sound of early-mid era Voivod and i have 3 CDs by spanish band Korgüll The Exterminator (named after the Voivod song) but they are so raw and basic old school Bathory (which i love) without the Quornthon super cool Venom riffing on the first 2-3 Bathory albums, KTE, well, its garbage actually and they just wanna prove they are old skool. Spanish slut warrior blackened thrash metal. Their second album is called War Of The Voivodes but i'll be damned if its not War And Pain played on tin cans and primitive 1 chord riff idiot guitar and in a cave in Andelusia in the middle ages.

On that note, i keep serving my mom Wine on my sunday visits, but i'll be damned i never or rarely grab myself a beercan in the fridge. I must be BELSEN MANDELA or TUBULAR BELSEN. Or Pink Floyd "Division Belsen".

Christian