[boc-l] ADMIN: Annoyance or interested?

Alex S. Garcia asg at mvdbase.com
Mon Apr 25 13:08:04 EDT 2016

> There is, basically, nothing else that happens on this list, so I feel
> like, on the one hand, letting him rant on isn't necessarily "bad". On
> the other hand, I'm pretty sure that this wasn't what most of you were
> looking for.

I can understand the first viewpoint, however I subscribe more to the second.

I've been on lists where nothing would be posted for weeks, sometimes months, and
then some relevant conversation would start up, and that's I think the most logical
way for a thematic list to function.

So yes, I'd rather have long spells of silence than an endless mess of nonsense.

> there's even the question of whether
> the BOC-L list should continue as a list at all. It certainly seems
> that, with nothing to discuss ... it might even be time to allow it to
> peacefully pass into the night.

So long as it doesn't pose any significant problems to maintain (financial or otherwise)
I don't really see a reason to kill the list. It may be quiet for lengthy periods, but some
relevant topic will always pop up at some point.

Alex.