[boc-l] The Machine Stops... thoughts...

Christian Eric Mumford royalistradio at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 14:00:45 EDT 2016

The CD arrived a couple of days ago with a 15 disc Alice Cooper 1969-1983 box set and Another Splash of Colour 3CD UK psych 1980-86 (it has Magic Mushroom Band, Legendary Pink Dots, Paul Roland, Von Trapp Family (nick Saloman) and Deep Fix on there too! )...

Like Alisa of Space Mirrors wrote, i am tempted to agree that When The Machine Stops is the most solid and good HW album since Alien 4 (but i loved DH as well). Its beefy, blissed and rocky stuff. I like it alot after about 6 spins all the way. The fact that it is a concept album based on a literary story from 1909 is very updated and modern, despite being a over 100 year old SF concept. I like it better than TMTYL, BOTE and Onward so.. yes the best HW main album since the 90s.

Christian (president)