[boc-l] NIK/OFF: Kollector worry

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at coriolis.greenend.org.uk
Sun Feb 5 09:34:45 EST 2017

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017, Christian Eric Mumford via boc-l wrote:
> The other LP is One Million Miles below, which is a late 80s MM LP.

 	Dear Christian,
 			yes, indeed, the best of the bunch in my opinion,
makes me sad I was never able to see them. Rod has told me that the
whole second side was basically improvised, which if true is amazing.

> I have The Pipe The Grid & The Roar on LP and another one on LP. Also i
> have Laughs & Thrills and Gulp! on CD. I have all the Darxtar ones as
> well. The reason its just 1 big track was the Commander wanted it that
> way. I wish it wasnt!

 	I can now match this bit of your collection, then. Not really sure
I needed _Laughs and Thrills_ except for completeness, and _The Pipe, the
Roar and the Grid_ is a mixed bag too but there is some stuff on it that
lets you know why people might have been blown away by the that band in
their day, and really made me grin to hear. DarXtar, of course, are pretty
much consistently good throughout and I just wish there was more of it.

> PS: I just got the Nik "Glastonbury 2002" CDR its on Ozit. Got it for 15
> EUR on Discogs.

 	Lumme, not sure I would have paid that much for it... I'll always
go to see Nik but very few of those performances were ones that would
justify a recording, by my lights; firstly nobody's trying very hard and
secondly it's basically the same as last time anyway...

 	That said, I have not yet seen the supposedly 'New' Space Ritual,
and I don't know what's 'new' about them; I may yet have to eat my words,
when I can finally get down to London to see them or they play somewhere
else. Yours all,
 		 Jon

 	Jonathan Jarrett, Leeds      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 	"May the Lord Almighty guard your life, because among other
  things it is of great value in silencing the idiocies of blatherskites."
   (Archbishop Lanfranc of Canterbury to Archbishop John of Rouen, 1073)