[boc-l] HW: R.I.P. Dik Mik

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at coriolis.greenend.org.uk
Sun Nov 19 10:31:33 EST 2017

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017, CRosenberg via boc-l wrote:
>> From FB HW Central 11/16:
> We are very sad to let you know that our old friend and band mate DikMik,
> (Michael Davies), passed away early this morning. He will be loved and
> remembered for his innovative contributions not only to Hawkwind, but to a
> whole musical genre of which he was an important pioneer...
> Dave Brock...."I remember when DikMik joined the band, he bought himself an
> audio generator from Tottenham Court Road, got himself a Watkins Copycat
> echo unit, a fold up card table, (complete with green baize), and became
> one of the innovators of electronic music!
> It was on DikMik's suggestion, and later persistence, that we got Lemmy to
> join the band and you know the rest!
> Goodbye old chap your legend lives on......x"

 	Oh dear. Thanks for posting it, Chuck, but what sad news. Time to
break out the Greasy Truckers Party and hope there's another wherever he's
gone, where Man get a full set this time too. Yours all,
 							 Jon

--
"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since
  it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has
   Jonathan Jarrett, Leeds, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk