[boc-l] Nik Turner "Life In Space", Hawklords "Six"

Christian Eric Mumford royalistradio at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 08:21:35 EDT 2017

Seems the most recent Nik album is only worthwile for the vintage sounding Sax heavy closing Master Of The Universe? The other songs are Brainticketish jammy affairs.

Jurgen Engler (Die Krupps) and Nicky Garratt (Chelsea, UK Subs) among others and Simon House guesting.

Also the new Hawklords has no Ron Tree. The additional departure of Steve Swindells and Ade Shaw some years ago leaves only Harvey Bainbridge and Jerry Richards as True Hawkmembers in the line up, but Dave Pearce and Tom Ashurst do some great work on the rhythm section none the less.

Into the Woods was better than The Machine Stops IMO, songs like Have You Seen Them? really get me singing along...

I am auditioning for a slot with Radio Nova hope i get this thing on the air, after my departure from Blitz and RadioRakel some years ago.

Christian