[boc-l] HW: Hawkwind, and others, at A New Day Festival

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 23:29:55 EDT 2018

I was there for the Saturday too. Gong were good but all the songs sounded
a bit similar to me! All free jazz. I arrived too late for Arthur Brown,
sadly.

Caravan were rather good. I have still got Golf Girl going round my brain!

Hawkind were excellent. Dibs was really on form with singing and a poem--
he really 'channeled' Bob Calvert but was himself. Niall's bass paying was
excellent (I know Haz was gone but never mind). Both Dave and Magnus played
some great guitar. (I think Richard was really trying to avoid singing his
song-- his voice was way down in the mix-- what went on there?)