[boc-l] Hawkwind at New Day Festival

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at coriolis.greenend.org.uk
Sat Jan 13 11:33:52 EST 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018, Stephen Lindsey via boc-l wrote:
> so I went to the New Day festival in Kent last summer, centred around acts from the late 60's and early  70's (Wishbone Ash, Jethro Tull, Uriah Heap, Lindsifarne, Slade and many more) it was a beautiful spot in the grounds of a stately home, with lovely gardens, the beer and coder and food were all great and the weather was beautiful.
>
> Soooo guess who is scheduled to play this year ??  Hawkwind and Gong......
>
> Its I think in early August this year, I'm hoping to make it over from Canada, and I'd heartily recommend it to you lot !!

 	Thanks for posting this, Steve! It's 3-5 August and I am very
tempted. Weirdly, it's in the same place and features about half the
line-up of the Canterbury Sound Festival that Hawkwind played in 2001 from
which the _Canterbury Fayre_ album comes. That was a fun festival (as well
as a marvellous Hawkwind performance), and I assume there must be some
connection between the two, but I can't find anyone on the web admitting
as much. Still, if anything like the Canterbury Sound Festival as was it
should be excellent. Maybe see you there! Yours,
 						 Jon

--
"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since
  it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has
   Jonathan Jarrett, Leeds, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk