[boc-l] Boyd Rice "The Way I Feel" "Wolf Pact", "Scorpion Wind", "Music And Martinis"

Christian Eric Mumford royalistradio at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 3 08:46:35 EDT 2019

They really differ from Rice's Drone/noise sculpture as NON. He is an eminem sharp Lyricist, less shadowlike than Douglas. P from Death In June, Golden Dawn neofolk club that also includes industrial like Psychic TV/Throbbing Gristle and The Legendary Pink Dots/Tear Garden and Coil. Even Paul Roland gets references here on playlists on Spotify and his press sheets. NWW and whatnot on Neo Folk Neo Pagan comps with DIJ etc. I find his lyrics on "Hatesville", Equilibrium", "Tomb of The Forgotten Father" "The Forgotten Father", "People" "Preserve Thy Loneliness". Often misunderstood as anti semetic, Rice merely waxes on hatred for dumb sheep and liars and hypocrites, the lamer type enemy people with a pinch of sharp poetic humour quite direct. Also very mystical on the Wolf Pact album, especially "Watery Leviathan" and "The Forgotten Father". The new Death In June "Essence!" from last year is a gem to listen too as well. Christian