[boc-l] HW: Birmingham Town Hall 25.xi.2019

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at coriolis.greenend.org.uk
Tue Nov 26 18:26:47 EST 2019

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019, Arin Komins wrote:
> Sorry to have missed you Jonathan, I was there!  As was Marie and Neil from BOCL and Julie.

 	And I you; didn't realise there was such a crowd present. I
thought I recognised one person but didn't feel ready to chance it...

> Guitarist is Magnus Martin.

 	Thankyou. He does a good impression of Dave, but also has his own
scribbly style which works really well in the new material.

> Am really loving 65 million years ago and Flesh Fondue is better live,
> imho, than on the album.

 	I was prepared to hate that track, and now having heard it live I
actually quite like it. I just don't understand why they didn't give it
all-new words; it's not the same piece of music as `Star Cannibal' at all
and those are maybe the weakest lyrics in HW's entire canon to want to
reproduce...

> Next up for us is RAH tomorrow.

 	I hope it was tremendous for you all! I could actually have gone,
in the end, because I'm on strike. But I didn't know that would be true
when I would have had to make the arrangements... Ah well. 51st! Yours
all,
      Jonathan

ObCD: Gong - _The Universe Also Collapses_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett, Keighley and University of Leeds
     "Says not the Wise One, `When two men cannot agree over