[boc-l] OFF: Motion Device

Alex S. Garcia asg at mvdbase.com
Thu Dec 3 00:40:57 EST 2020

I just realized I've never mentioned this band on here before... I really
should have.

They are AMAZING.

First thing to know about them: they're four kids from Canada (two sisters, a
cousin and a family friend, IIRC).

Second thing: they started off doing covers of metal and prog classics (Black
Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. though no BOC yet, sadly)

Third thing: the singer (Sara, the youngest member) has an incredible voice.

Fourth thing: the musicianship of the other guys in the band is mind blowing,
despite their young age.

Fifth thing: they've accumulated such a following that they have now
successfully crowdfunded one EP and three full-lengths (including a concept
album!)

If you don't know them yet, prepare to be blown away... seriously guys, check
them out!

This is one of their most amazing pieces, "Wide awake", from the concept album
of the same name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr22K22yFPA

And of all the covers they've done, "White rabbit" is one of my favorites
(singer is 12 yo in this one!!!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C0gM-ShcbA

Her voice gives me goosebumps every time haha.

They've released so much great stuff... I highly recommend browsing through
their channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialMotionDevice/videos

Hope you enjoy!

Alex.