[boc-l] It's time for goodbyes

Ben Cohen ben at glaver.org
Sat Dec 11 15:24:41 EST 2021

Folks,

It's been a lengthy ride, but it's time to bring things to a close - and for a
few reasons.

1) The list is "officially" down to 52 members (two of which are me,
actually). Recently, MS / Office forced a "mass unsubscription" event by
rejecting quite a few (around 10 or so, I think?) email addresses. That
was interpreted by the list management software as "those addresses have gone
away".

2) There's been no significant activity for quite a while. [Granted, the last
bit was discussing Re-Imaginos and the 2nd album, for which I was grateful and
hadn't known, but, even so - this just isn't an active community any more.]

But - I've saved the "best" for last...

3) ISPNet, which has very graciously hosted the email list for a very long
time, is closing its doors and getting rid of its servers. That process needs
to be complete by the end of December, 2021. As such, the underpinnings of the
list are going away as well.

Given the lack of activity, I just don't see any significant reason to try and
migrate the list to another host / format / whatever.

History will not be completely lost, though - the mailing list archives (and
everything else that's happened) will remain available as a text-format
archive at:

	https://www.glaver.org/ftp/boc-l

... for which I am also grateful to Terry Kennedy, a friend of mine for
forever, who was also instrumental in allowing me to use ISPNet for hosting
the mailing list.

If anyone would like to contact me, I'm available both here (ben at glaver.org)
or my more "normal" public email, (bmcatt at gmail.com).

So, to close this in a possibly overly cliched manner:

Email lists don't fear the reaper,
Nor do the members, mods, or hosts.

[Ok, yeah, that sucked, but what do you expect for off the top of my head,
huh? :)]

It's been a blast, all!

Your (still) friendly mailing list moderator,
Ben