[boc-l] It's time for goodbyes

Terry Kennedy terry at glaver.org
Sun Dec 12 01:01:04 EST 2021

The time is fast approaching when the list server hardware will be shut
down for good.
As Ben has pointed out, it seems unreasonable to go on a search for a
new home for a
list with 52 members and only a few postings per month.

But fear not! BOC-L will live on at: https://www.glaver.org/boc-l Please
note that
this is a DIFFERENT URL than the one Ben posted previously and will get
you to a much
faster service than the prior URL. The old
https://www.glaver.org/ftp/boc-l and
ftp://ftp.glaver.org/boc-l URLs now have a single readme.txt file that
points to the
new location.

The new server has also had all of the mailing list archives from
1990-2001 uploaded
and you have the same variety of ways to access them that you did back
when the list
server was live.

I've peppered a few humorous (to me and Ben, at least) things throughout
the new pages
for your enjoyment.

It has been a pleasure being the "person behind the curtain" who has
provided the hard-
ware and software to run this list continually for the past 25+ years of
its existence.
You've all been a great bunch.

Feel free to continue to post your thoughts on BOC-L/HW/related acts and
what the list
itself has meant to you over the years. I will collect all list postings
between now
and the server shutdown and make sure they are preserved for posterity
at the new site.

I anticipate the actual shutdown date will be between December 20th and
December 24th,
2021.

         Terry Kennedy
         Operations Manager, SPC Academic Computing 1976-1999
         Network Engineer, New York Net 1993-1998
         Senior Network Engineer, Verio Inc. 1998-2001
         Director of Technology, ISPnet Inc. 2001-2021