[boc-l] BOC: Gun 2021

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at coriolis.greenend.org.uk
Tue Mar 16 20:11:34 EDT 2021

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021, Andy Gilham via boc-l wrote:
> So George Geranios has dusted off a 1978 demo of "Gun", tweaked the mix, got Al and Joe to record new vocal and drum parts, and put it on YouTube. It's kinda cool!
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDybsMRWVSc<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDybsMRWVSc>

 	That *is* pretty cool. Quite a different song from the tBS version
on _Box of Hammers_. However, it's led me via Youtube suggestions to the
_In the West_ 1975 version of `Maserati GT' and that's *fantastic*!
Recommended to put a grin back on your face if one had left it...

 	I never did post about the new album, did I? Suffice for now to
say I think it's excellent and have played it at others who thought so.
Also definitely an album by the new band, especially Richie, but also
clearly a BÖC album; after first listening to it I found I wanted to play
all the 80s albums. This one may be better than everything post-Al,
however. _Heaven Forbid_ is up there with it.

 	As for _Re-Imaginos_, that just made me so glad to hear. Some of
those versions are now how I think the songs go. The `Siege and
Investiture' may still be behind the tBS one for me, but they all have a
place in my world. Anyway, I'm glad that even if no-one wanted to be in
this situation, that at least it's pushed some of my remaining favourite
musicians back into the studio with such excellent results. These are
riches we might never have had without the pandemic. Weird, innit? I hope
you've all managed to pass unscathed and my sympathies if you haven't,
yours all,
 	   Jon

ObCDTillILoadedThatLink: Dictators - _DFFD_ (which I only own because
someone--Tim Bart, I think?--put its first track, `Who Will Save
Rock'n'Roll', on one of the Last Tapes of May getting on for quite some
time ago...
--
        Jonathan Jarrett, Keighley and University of Leeds
     "Says not the Wise One, `When two men cannot agree over