[boc-l] Imaginos 2: Bombs Over Germany

Alex S. Garcia asg at mvdbase.com
Sat Oct 30 18:54:55 EDT 2021

Totally agree. And to be honest, it took a long time for me to listen to "Re:Imaginos"... I mean, I bought it, then it sat for months unlistened to until recently. Al is an amazing musician and composer, but I've never been a big fan of his voice. So I was apprehensive, to say the least.

But then I listened to "Three Sisters" on YouTube and I was stunned. He sounded so great on that! The next day, I finally gave Re:Imaginos a listen and I loved it.

It's different from the 1988 recordings, obviously, which still remains my favorite (pseudo) BOC album. But I enjoy these new versions quite a bit.

Funny thing... my favorite song on the 1988 album is "Castle Weisseria."

My favorite on "Re:Imaginos" is... "Castle Weisseria!"

This truly baffles my mind, because the 1988 version is one of the heaviest tunes I've ever listened to. The newer version is worlds away from metal. And yet... they are both amazing!

Anyway. Really looking forward to the new album... and the next! He's doing a trilogy! Wow!

Wait... this new one is a double CD... does this mean the next one will be triple? LOL.

Alex.