ISPnet scheduled maintenance: 09/19/05, 09/22/05, 09/27/05

Bob Tinkelman bob at tink.com
Thu Sep 15 17:11:27 EDT 2005

ISPnet is announcing scheduled maintenance at a number of our POPs.

Monday, September 19th, 19:00-23:59 - nycmnycz

We will be upgrading some of the electrical systems that provide
power to our equipment at 25 Broadway, New York.  We do not expect
that this work will be service affecting, but want to warn our
customers of the schedule, just in case a problem does occur.

The power to our equipment at this site is currently protected by
UPSes and backup generators, insuring us uninterrupted operation
through utility failures.  The work being done on Monday will
assure the same uninterrupted operation through failures of a
single UPS or generator.

Thursday, September 22nd, midnight-02:00 - nycmnycz

We will be upgrading one of the routers at this site.  Non dual-
homed customers will experience service interruptions of from
five to thirty minutes some time during the 2-hour service window.

This upgrade is being done to provide us with the ability to
support additional customers at this site and additional peering
links to other networks.

Tuesday, September 27th, midnight-02:00 - nycmnybs

We will be upgrading one of the routers at this site.  Non dual-
homed customers directly connected to gw1.nycmnybs.ispnetinc.net
will experience service interruptions of up to thirty minutes
some time during the 2-hour service window.

This upgrade is being done to provide support an expansion of
the number of customers directly connected at this POP.

We apologize for any inconveniences that the above may cause.
The upgrades are necessary to assure that we can continue to
provide our customers with reliable high-quality service.

If you experience problems outside any of the above service
windows, you should report them through the usual support
channels:

   Email: support at ispnetinc.net
   Phone: 718-464-4747 or 800-806-NETS (800-806-6387)

--
Bob Tinkelman <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    718.464.4747