Problems on multiple ISPnet T1-level customers

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Mon Nov 13 08:13:29 EST 2006

The symptoms we were seeing last Sunday, affecting service to
a number of ISPnet T1-level customers, cleared last weekend,
before Verizon was able to locate the problem.

The symptoms reappeared yesterday.  Verizon has been working
on it.  Last night they reported finding and fixing a problem
around 22:15 and things did appear to be fixed, overnight.

However, this morning, they identified another problem which
will probably involve replacing the DACS card that services
one of the T3s carrying T1 customer traffic to ISPnet.

Verizon's testing caused an 8-minute interruption in service
between 08:50 and 08:58 this morning and will likely cause at
least one more interruption in service later today for the
T1 circuits involved.

If you are one of the T1 customers that has been affected,
please accept my apologies both for the unexpected service
outages yesterday and for my not being able to give you a
better prediction for problem resolution.

The issue with the Verizon equipment is severe enought that
we really do not have any reasonable option other than to let
them try to repair it as quickly as possible, even though the
work will be done during normal business hours.

I will post further updates later today, when more information
is available.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.  http://www.ispnetinc.net