ISPnet 06/10/07 scheduled maintenance affecting Staten Island customers

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Thu Jun 7 15:59:10 EDT 2007

We have scheduled a maintenance window for the Saturday-Sunday
over-night, from midnight to 2AM, EDT, Sunday, June 10th

This maintenance will affect only some ISPnet customers,
specifically only those with equipment colocated at 7
Teleport Drive, Staten Island and served by the ISPnet
POP there.

During the service window we will be rebooting one of the
POP's two main routers.

Earler this week we encountered a problem due to a cisco
IOS bug.  We did an emergency upgrade of one of the two
routers and verified that the newer IOS fixed the problem.
We now need to upgrade the IOS on the 2nd router.

The impact on Staten Island customers will vary depending on
the technical details of our service delivery to them,
varying between a 10 minute total service interruption to a
brief period of routing instability.

We apologize in advance for any inconveniences caused, but this
work is necessary for us to insure the continued health of our
network and our future service to you.

If you experience any problems outside the this scheduled
maintenance window, you should report them through the normal
channels:
    Email:   service at ispnetinc.net
    Phone:   718.464.4747 or 800.806.NETS
as appropriate.