ISPnet maintenance - POP at 165 Halsey, Newark - Sat-Sun July 26-27

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Wed Jul 23 08:12:28 EDT 2008

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window on the Saturday/Sunday
overnight, starting midnight the night of July 26 and lasting
until 2AM, July 27th.  (All times are local, EDT.)

We will be upgrading software on routers at our nwrknjmd POP,
165 Halsey St, Newark.

At some time within this window, single-homed customers will see
a service interruption of up to 5-10 minutes when the router to
which they are connected is rebooted.

Dual-homed customers will see a bgp session drop and then come
back up approximately 10 minutes later.  This may be accompanied
by a brief period of routing instability.

Most New Jersey customers with 10M or higher-speed Ethernet
service are configured to bgp-peer with multiple ISPnet routers
and fall into the "dual-homed" category.

We will do our best to limit the impact of this work and
apologize in advance for any inconveniences caused.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.  http://www.ispnetinc.net

+1 (718) 464-4747  office