ISPnet scheduled maintenance - Jan 3 midnight-to-2AM

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Thu Dec 31 12:52:48 EST 2009

We are scheduling a maintenance window for this coming
Sat-Sun overnight, from midnight to 2AM, EST, Sun Jan 3.

During this window we will be replacing one switch in a stack
at our 25 Broadway POP (nycmnycz).

This work should not interrupt any customer connections to
ISPnet with one exception.  Some dual-connected NJ customers
will see one of their two bgp sessions go down. However, the
other session will stay up and access to the Internet will
not be interrupted.

ISPnet connections to some 25 Broadway peers (*NOT* 25
Broadway customers) will go down for a period of up to 10-15
minutes at some time during the window.

Routing between ISPnet nodes nycmnycz (25 Broadway) and
nwrknjmd (165 Halsey St) will use a fall-back path for
approximately 15 minutes, some time during the window.

As a result, customers may see some brief periods of routing
instability to certain parts of the net.

We are replacing a switch which exhibited problems earlier in
the week, as a proactive measure, so we can perform stress
tests on the suspect piece of equipment in a lab setting.

While we expect the work to go smoothly and as described
above, any time we are working with core network equipment
there is the possibility of unanticipated problems.  This
announcement is cautionary in that regard.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.  http://www.ispnetinc.net