ISPnet maintenance - Sunday, Oct 4, 1-4 AM

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Wed Sep 30 15:29:14 EDT 2009

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window on the upcoming
Sat-Sun overnight, specifically 01:00-04:00 (Eastern) on
Sunday, October 4.

We will be replacing some of our core switches at our POP at
25 Broadway, Manhattan.

ISPnet customers who are Telehouse tenants at this site
(and who are not multihomed) will see one or more service
interruptions, each lasting 10-15 minutes, during the
maintenance window.

ISPnet customers whose offices are connected to ISPnet's 25
Broadway POP via telephone company data circuits (e.g., T1s,
T3s and Ethernet) will see similar interruptions.

ISPnet customers with telephone connections to our 165
Halsey St, Newark, POP may see brief periods of routing
instability throughout the window.

Customers at other colocation sites (e.g., Telehouse's
Staten Island facility) may experience routing instability
as traffic that normally flows through Manhattan is rerouted
through Newark.

Beyond expansion capability, this major equipment upgrade
will provide us (and our customers) with a number of
advantages, including increased robustness and the
flexibiltiy to perform future upgrades with less impact on
customer service.

For reference, here are the domain names (as visible in
traceroutes) for the ISPnet POPs mentioned above:

  nycmnycz.ispnetinc.net - 25 Broadway, Manhattan
  nycrnybb.ispnetinc.net - 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island
  nwrknjmd.ispnetinc.net - 165 Halsey St, Newark

As always, we regret any inconveniences caused to our
customers.

If you experience problems outside this maintenance window,
please report them via email or phone, as appropriate.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.  http://www.ispnetinc.net

+1 (718) 464-4747  office