Emergency reload of ISPnet Newark router

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Wed Feb 23 15:21:29 EST 2011

Our primary Newark router (gw1.nwrknjmd.ispnet.net) is
experiencing problems related to a cisco IOS software
issue.

This problem is affecting service to some customers.

As a result, we will be preforming an emergency reload on
this router.

The only customers who will be directly affected are those
that are colocated at 165 Halsey, Newark, or who are
connected to ISPnet's Newark node via a telco circuit.

If you are not one of these customers, then you should not
be affected.

(For example, if you colocate with ISPnet in Manhattan or
Staten Island, or if your connection to ISPnet is via a New
York data circuit, then this issue does not affect you.)

If you are connected to our Newark POP and your router is
configured to use bgp, then you have multiple bgp sessions
to ISPnet.  One of these wil go down for around 10-15
minutes.  You may experience a brief period of routing
instability.

If you are connected to our Newark POP via any other
method, then you will likely suffer a complete outage for
10-15 minutes.

We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause, but
unfortunately, we need to proceed quickly to restore
service to the customers already affected.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net