Service interruption at ISPnet Staten Island POP

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Wed Jul 20 03:51:50 EDT 2011

All customers with connections to ISPnet in Staten Island were affected
by a problem we had at that location.

The problems started at around 12:30 AM today (20 July 2011), initially
affecting customers with single connections to ISPnet.

We dispatched a tech to the site, localized the problem to one of our
switches, and decided to perform an emergency replacement of the suspect
hardware.

Unfortunately, that work required a brief interruption of service to all
the customers at the site, including dual-connected customers.

Due to the urgency of the situation, we were unable to provide customers
with a warning regarding the service outage.

We believe that the problem has been fixed and that all customers should
be seeing normal service.

We apologize to all our customers for these problems.  We will investigate
to see if there are improvements we can make to our monitoring systems to
provide us with more notice if problems like this re-occur.

If you experience any further problems, please contact the ISPnet NOC.

-----
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net
+1 (718) 464-4747  office
+1 (800) 806-NETS  toll free