Outage at ISPnet 25 Broadway POP

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Tue Aug 14 22:24:27 EDT 2012

At approximately 19:30 EDT today (Tue, 14-Aug-2012) we
experienced a hardware failure at 25 Broadway affecting
the traffic between one of our core routers and one of
our core switches.

The problem was "intermittent" but frequent, with user-
visible symptoms including routing instability, increased
latency and increased packet loss.

The problems continued until we were able to replace the
failed hardware component, at approximately 21:45.

We apologize for the problems that we know this type of
service interruption causes.  We will be working to
enhance our network in ways that will allow us to isolate
failed components more quickly than we were able to do
tonight, when a physical visit to the POP was required.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net