ISPnet scheduled maintenance for the Sat-Sun overnight, March 17-18

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Fri Mar 9 20:16:46 EST 2012

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window for the Sat-Sun overnight,
March 17-18, running from midnight to 3 AM, EDT.

During this period we will be reloading a number of routers and
switches for software upgrades.

While our network contains significant redundancy and while we will
do our best to schedule individual reloads to minimize impact, most
single homed ISPnet customers will likely suffer one or more service
interuptions during the maintenance window.

Last night there was a problem on the Telehouse NYIIX peering point
which, for reasons that are currently not well understood, caused
significant problems on ISPnet's backbone switches.  The scheduled
software upgrades are part of our attempt to protect our network from
any future reoccurances.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused, but feel that
the upgrades are necessary for the future health of the network.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net