ISPnet maintenance Sat-Su, Dec 14-15, 2013 - 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Mon Dec 9 04:43:37 EST 2013

ISPnet will be performing maintenance on some of our equipment at
the Telehouse data center at 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island.

The planned maintenance window is from 10 PM Saturday to 4 AM
Saturday, local time.

The work should not be service affecting to any customers who do
not have their own equipment colocated at this site.

The effect on customers with on-site equipment will vary.  See
below for more details.

The planned tasks fall into the following categories:

  o  Relocation of an ISPnet router

  o  Relocation and upgrades of several ISPnet servers

  o  Relocation of several customer servers.

More details for each follow.

ROUTER RELOCATION
-----------------

ISPnet operates two core routers at the site.  During the time
that we are moving one of these routers, the other router in the
pair will take over all routing tasks.  During this period,
ISPnet's service to local customers will be operating without
the usual level of redundancy.  However, barring an unexpected
problem, customer traffic should continue to flow, uninterrupted.
Customers with bgp sessions to both ISPnet routers will see the
bgp sessions to one of them go down for a substantial portion of
the maintenance window.

ISPNET SERVER UPGRADES
----------------------

Will be replacing, upgrading and moving several ISPnet servers at
the site, including one of our name servers and one of our mail
servers.  In each case, the underlying services are supported by
three ISPnet servers located at different POPs.  These services
should continue to operate during the maintenance window, though
there may be some delays in dns query reponses.

CUSTOMER SERVER RELOCATIONS
---------------------------

This portion of the work will affect only those customers whose
servers are in ISPnet cabinets at 7 Teleport Drive.  In
particular, it will NOT affect any customers that lease cabinet
or cage space directly from Telehouse.  We will be sending
separate emails to the affected users to arrange coordination of
system shutdowns and reboots.

We apologize in advance for any inconveniences caused by our
planned maintenance tasks.  We do try to keep service-affecting
work to a minimum.  The work we've been doing at 7 Teleport (the
last major portions of which being scheduled for this weekend) is
the first major reorganizaiton we've performed for over 10 years
at this site (although almost every individual piece of equipment
has been upgraded multiple times).

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me
directly, either via phone or email.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net