ISPnet maintenance at 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island - Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Wed Jul 31 11:22:18 EDT 2013

ISPnet will be performing work at 7 Teleport Drive, Staten
Island, this Saturday evening.

The work will affect only those ISPnet customers with equipment
at the 7 Teleport Drive site.  It will not affect customers at
our other colocation sites or customers connected to ISPnet via
telephone-company data circuits.

The scheduled maintenance window will start at 10PM (Eastern),
Saturday, Aug 3, 2013, and continue until 4AM, Sunday.

ISPnet maintains redundant equipment in two separate cabinets at
this location, with most customers having two cross-connects, one
to each cabinet.

On May 22, we upgraded the switches in one of these cabinets,
replacing them with newer, more powerful switches.

This Saturday we will be performing a similar upgrade to switches
in a different cabinet.

During the maintenance window, dual-connected customers should
continue to have service, but may experience one or more periods
of routing instability.  They will, of course, be running in an
"unprotected" mode throughout most of the window.

There are some customers with only one connection to ISPnet.  We
will do our best to minimize the impact of this work on those
customers, and will be sending a separate email to each such
customer with more details.

If you are a single-connected customer and would like to upgrade
to dual-connection, please email noc at ispnet.net.  There are no
additional ISPnet charges for such an upgrade.

As always, if you experience difficulties outside the maintenance
window, please report them via phone (800-806-NETS) or via email
(support at ispnet.net), as needed.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net