ISPnet maintenance window for T1 and T3-connected customers

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Tue Jun 18 04:53:05 EDT 2013

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window for Wednesday, June 19, 2013,
from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Eastern Time.

The work being done during this window will affect you only if your
connection to ISPnet is via a Verizon T1 or T3 circuit.

Specifically, it will not affect any customers whose equipment is at
any of the following data centers served by ISPnet:

     165 Halsey St, Newark
     7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island
     25 Broadway, New York
     85 Tenth Avenue, New York

Also, it will not affect any customers connected to ISPnet via
telephone-company provided Ethernet circuits.

Currently all the ISPnet-customer T1s and T3s are delivered to ISPnet
at our POP at 25 Broadway.  The CLEC that delivers them will be
performing hot-cuts of these so that they are delivered to ISPnet at
85 Tenth Avenue.

We expect this work to go smoothly and, if it does, for each customer
to experience a service interruption of no more than 10 minutes.
However, if problems do occur, the service interruptions sould be
longer.

If you are a dual-connected or dual-homed customer with one or more
bgp-sessions with ISPnet, we will initiate graceful shutdowns of the
bgp sessions, to allow seamless fail-over to alternate paths.

We regret any inconvenience caused by this work.  It is necessary
due to Telehouse's decision to close their 25 Braodway data center,
a location that has served as ISPnet's primary NYC presence for
over ten years.

Over the past year, we have been gradually relocating our NYC
service hub from 25 Broadway to 85 Tenth.  For most of that time
our 85 Tenth Ave POP has been fully funcational and operating in
parallel with our POP at 25 Broadway.

The T1 and T3 circuits being moved Wednesday are the last telco
customer circuits to be moved.