ISPnet maintenance at 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Tue May 21 13:10:14 EDT 2013

ISPnet will be performing work at 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island
this Wednesday evening.

The work will affect only those ISPnet customers with equipment at
the 7 Teleport Drive site.

The scheduled maintenance window will be from 10PM (Eastern), Wednesday
night, May 22, 2013, and continuing until 4AM, Thursday morning.

ISPnet maintains redundant equipment in two separate cabinets at this
location, with most customers having two cross-connects, one to each
cabinet.

We will be powering down the switches in one of these cabinets and
replacing them with newer and more powerful switches, in order to meet
the growing needs of our customer base.

During the maintenance window, dual-connected customers should continue
to have service, but will probably experience one or more periods of
routing instability.  They will, of course, be running "unprotected"
throughout most of the window.

There are some customers with only one connection to ISPnet.  We will
do our best to minimize the impact of this work on those customers, and
will be sending a separate email to each such customer with more details.