Scheduled maintenance on the Saturday-Sunday overnight, Oct 5-6.

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Wed Oct 2 13:29:49 EDT 2013

ISPnet will be performing maintenance at two of its POPs this
weekend, with the general purpose being the improvement of
network robustness.

(1) Sat, Oct 5 - 22:00-23:59 EDT - 85 Tenth Ave, New York

During this period we will be updating the layer-2 topology
at our primary Manhattan POP, completing the integration of a
redundant core switch.

This will address one of the issues brought to light during a
recent (Oct 1) service interruption when the "redundant switch"
did not provide a sufficient fallback to the primary.

We expect to be able to accomplish the planned work without any
service interruption.

However, as links carrying ISPnet customer traffic to various
other networks pass through this POP, there is a possibility
that customers connected to this or other ISPnet POPs will see
changes in the routing paths to some off-net destinations.

(2) Sun, Oct 6 - 00:01-01:59 EDT - 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island

During this period we will be upgrading the software on two
ISPnet routers at our Staten Island POP.

The software upgrade is a prerequesite for planned configuaration
changes to allow faster fail-over in case of network problems,
including the type that occured yesterday.

The routers involved are a "twin pair", each providing fall-back
to the other.  As we plan to reload them, one at a time, we
expect the work to be completed with no customer-visible effects.

There will be periods of time during the window during which
normally "protected" services will be "unprotected".

Please report problems noticed outside the above windows via

     email:  support at ispnet.net   or
     phone:  718-464-4747
             800-806-NETS

as appropriate.