Web browsing performance problems

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Thu Feb 6 10:28:37 EST 2014

ISPnet received reports from multiple customers yesterday about
problems accessing certain web sites.  For some sites, pages came
up very slowly, and for other sites, not at all.

We identified a common aspect to the problem pages, namely that
they had content hosted by Edgecast, a large Content Delivery
Network.

ISPnet has a direct peering connection to Edgecast in New York
which, as part of our troubleshooting, we shut down late last
night, forcing traffice between ISPnet and Edgecast to take a
slightly longer route, but without noticable improvement.

We also opened a ticket with Edgecast, last night, requesting
help.  They didn't have high level staff available to persue the
problem until very recently (07:30 AM, Pacific).

We are working on this problem and will send additional messages
as we get more information.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net