ISPnet maintenance window, Feb 4-5, 11PM-1AM EST

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Fri Jan 31 09:19:03 EST 2014

Minor correction to prior email.
[The earlier msg referenced "Monday", in error

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window for the next
Tuesday/Wednesay overnight.

   Start: 11:00 PM EST, Tue, Feb 4
   End:    1:00 AM EST, Wed, Feb 5

This is a "cautionary announcement" for our customers.   We
do NOT expect any customer communications to be interrupted.

ISPnet has connections to many other Internet networks,
including over 100 via the Telehouse NYIIX peering facility.
As part of an ongoing program to support continued growth in
traffic levels, on Tuesday night, we will be "moving" this
connectivity to a new dedicated router at our 85 Tenth Ave
POP.

For periods during the maintenance, communications between
ISPnet and these peers will not take the direct NYIIX path.
Instead, they will take a slightly longer path through one
of our our upstreams.

If all goes according to plan, the only effect should be
slight changes in latency.

This work is needed in order to allow us to support
continued growth.  As always we strive to manage such
changes in a way that minimizes customer impact.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net