ISPnet maintenance window, Sunday, Aug 3, midnight to 2 AM EDT

Bob Tinkelman bob at TINK.COM
Tue Jul 29 11:37:01 EDT 2014

ISPnet has scheduled a maintenance window for this coming
Saturday/Sunday overnight:

   Start:   midnight EST, Sun, Aug 3
   End:     02:00    EST, Sun, Aug 3

This is a "cautionary announcement".

Barring unforseen events, we do not anticipate interruption
of any customer traffic.

There will, however, be a possibility of some routing
instability, especially at the start of the window.

The work will involve routers at our POP at 85 Tenth Ave,
New York.  We will be upgrading the routers that handle
ISPnet traffic to and from the NYIIX, a peering exchange
at which ISPnet connects to (currently) 73 other networks.

At the start of the window, we will shut down the bgp
sessions to our NYIIX peers.  Starting then and continuing
until we activate the new routers, ISPnet traffic that would
normally travel directly to one of our peers at the NYIIX
will instead use one of our upstream links.

This work is part of an ongoing project aimed both at

  o  increased capacity for customer growth, and

  o  increased robustness in case of the failure
     of a router or backbone link.

--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net