[ispnet-announce] Scheduled ISPnet maintenance window: August 26-27

Bob Tinkelman bob at tink.com
Sat Aug 19 08:19:05 EDT 2017

ISPnet has scheduled the following maintenance window:

    Sat Aug 26 22:00 EDT - Sun Aug 27 04:00 EDT

The work will be performed at ISPnet's Manhattan POP at 85
Tenth Ave, New York.

There are two "customer aggregation" switch stacks at the
POP and at different times during the maintenance, each
switch stack will be upgraded.

There will be a number of user-visible effects.

Most of ISPnet's customers who are Telehouse colocation
customers at 85 Tenth are dual-connected to ISPnet.  These
customers may see a few brief periods of instability as
their traffic automatically fails over from using a
connection to one switch to the other.

Customers who are connected to ISPnet via a single link at
85 Tenth Ave, will see an interruption in service, probably
lasting under 15 minutes, but possibly lasting as long as 30
minutes.  We will be sending separate email to our technical
contacts at customers in this class.

All ISPnet customers, including those connected to other
ISPnet POPs, may notice periods of routing instability when
links to various ISPnet peers and ISPnet upstreams fail-
over to use alternate paths.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not
hesitateto email or phone.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net