[ispnet-announce] Scheduled ISPnet maintenance at 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island: Saturday March 4 and Saturday March 11

Bob Tinkelman bob at tink.com
Thu Feb 23 09:51:08 EST 2017

ISPnet has scheduled two maintenance windoes, both affecting only
those customers with equipment at Telehouse's Staten Island data
center, 7 Teleport Drive, SI.

Customer locations connected to ISPnet by data circuits and
customer equipment at other colocation centers will not be
affected by the planned work.

The first maintenance window is scheduled for:

   Start:  21:00 (EST) Sat, March 4, 2017
   End:    02:00 (EST) Sun, March 5, 2017

During this window, we will be replacing one of the two primary
ISPnet routers at this site.  [The other was upgraded in the
maintenance window announced on February 6.]

Due to the redundnt nature of our configurations, we expect to
be able to complete this work without customer impact.

We are issuing this advisory notice for two reasons:

   First, while the work is in process, the site will be operating
   without its usual level of redundancy.

   Second, with work of this nature, while we judge it unlikely,
   there is always the possibility of unexpected problems.

The second maintenance window is more extensive and is
scheduled for:

   Start:  13:00 (EST) Sat, March 11, 2017
   End:    02:00 (EST) Sun, March 12, 2017

During this window we will be moving one of two redundant switch
stacks from one cabinet to another.

There will be a multi-hour period, some time within the announced
window, during which this switch stack will be down.

Most ISPnet customers at this site have two cross-connects to
ISPnet and equipment configured to use this redundncy to provide
a reliable connection that will continue to work even when one
of the two ISPnet switch stacks is down.  These customers should
see no interruption of service.

A few ISPnet customers have non-redundant configurations with a
single ISPnet cross-connect.  For these customers, we should be
able to limit the impact of the work to two brief hits, by
moving cross-connects before and after the switch move.  We will
be sending separate email to these customers with more details.

If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please do
not hesitate to email or phone.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net