[ispnet-announce] Scheduled ISPnet maintenance windows: July 15-16 and July 22-23

Bob Tinkelman bob at tink.com
Fri Jul 7 14:41:17 EDT 2017

ISPnet has scheduled two upcoming maintenance windows:

   Sat July 15 22:00 EDT - Sun July 16 02:00 EDT
   Sat July 22 22:00 EDT - Sun July 23 02:00 EDT

If all work goes as planned, there will be no customer impact.

So this is a cautionary advisory only.

During the course of each maintenance window, ISPnet will be
installing new switches and making other changes to cut-over
to recently installed higher-speed internal circuits.

Due to the redundant nature of our network, customer traffic
should shift, seemlessly, from one path to another.  However,
there will be multiple periods during the window when we will
be operating without the usual level of redundance, and during
these times, a single failure could cause loss of connectivity
to some customers.

For each of the windows, we will post follow-ups to the
ispnet-announce list when the work is about to start and when
work has been completed.

The end result of this work with be an ISPnet backbone capable
of handling higher customer speeds (up to 10G) with full
redundancy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate
to email or phone.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net