[ispnet-announce] Scheduled ISPnet maintenance window: June 15-16

Bob Tinkelman bob at tinkelman.com
Sun Jun 9 13:34:53 EDT 2019

ISPnet has scheduled the following maintenance window:

    Sat Jun 15 22:00 EDT - Sun Jun 16 04:00 EDT

The work will be performed at ISPnet's primary Manhattan POP at
85 Tenth Ave.

This work has the potential to affect all ISPnet customers,
whether they connect to ISPnet at this POP or at one of ISPnet's
other POPs.

We will be upgrading several routers and switches at this site,
one at a time.  The redundant topology of our network should
allow all user traffic to "route around" any single component as
it is replaced.

As always with this type of work, it is possible that there will
be periods of routing instability during which some customers
will have temporary problems reaching some portions of the net.

The main purpose of the upgrade is to improve reliability and to
build capacity for future growth.

We regret any inconvenience that may occur, but the work is
necessary.  We will, of course, do everything possible to
minimize the impact.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
email or phone.
--
Bob Tinkelman          <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    http://www.ispnet.net