Phish (Oysters?)

Bryan Irby irby at HERA.ASTR.UA.EDU
Sat Aug 26 17:37:34 EDT 1995

> I was wondering if anyone on here besides me has ever listened to Phish? You
> know, though the music is very different, Phis sometimes reminds me of BOC.
> Listen to the song, 'Axilla' on the 'Hoist' album and you'll see what I

Yes, I've also been listening to Phish for years now, and just last year
had this very similarity pointed out to me by a friend of mine also into
Phish and BOC (among other things).  He had been listening to 'Cavern'
from _Pictures of Nectar_, and really felt it sounded like something
from Agents-era BOC, most likely a Bouchard Bros. composition.  I'm not
sure that I can wholly make the connection, but I am willing to acknowledge
a similarity.

-Bryan