OffTopic: Re: Stop the insanity (Please)

Paul G Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Sat Dec 2 05:45:18 EST 1995

                      ___   __  __   _   _   ___
                     |_ _| |  \/  | | | | | / _ \
                      | |  | |\/| | | |_| || | | |
                      | | _| |  | |_|  _  || |_| |
                     |___(_)_|  |_(_)_| |_(_)___/

Wading through, or having to delete 50 or so messages all about these
things ------>   ;^) Is a total pain in the neck!

Come on everyone - can't we drop this drivel?

With that said, I'll continue the drivel [insert chosen smiley here]

Somewhere in the middle, someone mentioned something about using
'HW:' 'BOC:' 'BRAIN:' etc. in subject lines, and wether the 'Re:'
affected their use. I recall a post about a month ago stating that
the filters still work for responses. Fine, but hardly anyone seems
to be using them!

I personally don't get the list server to filter out any mail, but
instead get my mail reader to do it. It has been a pet hate of mine
for a while now that my my 'Hawkwind' folder gets about 5% of all
messages from boc-l, and the 'BOC' folder gets about 10%. My 'Other
BOC-L mail' folder is always overflowing, even though > 75% of the
posts in their SHOULD be in one of the other folders!

Come on Guys and Gals - even if you don't use the filters yourself,
you COULD still tag your message subjects appropriately.

Paul (who holds no PHD's, but does drink too much coffee!)
--
Windows:
         By the people who gave you EDLIN!

Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'      .---.  __  .--------   Long