Off Topic: julian cope/kraut rock

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Sat Dec 2 14:21:00 EST 1995

> care to list the top 20 or so for us to peruse
> i'm interested to see if brainticket and gila are up there
> cause they are two of my favorites. i doubt i'll have access to this
> book
> over here.
> -mike psyche

Well, they're in alphabetical order, so here goes all fifty:

Amon Duul I - Pardieswarts Duul
Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei, Yeti, Carnival in Babylon, Wolf City
Ash Ra Tempel - Ash Ra Tempel, Schwingungen
Ash Ra Tempel & Timothy Leary - 7Up
Ash Ra Tempel - Join Inn
Can - Monster Movie, Soundtracks, Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Delay
Cluster II - Cluster II
Cluster - Zuckerzeit, Sowieso
Tony Conard w/Faust - Ouside the Dream Syndicate
Cosmic Jokers - Cosmic Jokers, Galctic Supermarket, Planeten Sit-in,
Sci-Fi Party
Cosmic Jokers & Sternmadchen - Gilles Zeitschiff
Faust - Faust, So Far, The Faust Tapes, IV
Segiius Golowin - Lord Krishna von Goloka
Guru Guru - U.F.O.
Harmonia - Muisk von Harmonia, Deluxe
Kraftwerk - Kraftwerk
La Dusseldorf - La Dusseldorf, Viva
Moebius & Plank - Rastakrautpasta
Neu! - Neu!, Neu 2, Neu '75
Popul Vuh - Affenstunde, In den Garten Pharaos, Einjager & Siebenjager,
Hosianna Mantra
Tangerine Dream - Electronic Meditation, Alpha Centauri, Atem, Zeit
Klaus Schultze - Irrlicht, Black Dance
Walter Wegmuller - Tarot
Witthuse & Westrupp -Trips & Traume

Cope says he's chosen only albums currently available or soon to be
reissued.  (Which might explain why neither of your faves make it.)

This is very close being on-topic, actually, as Hawkwind get lots of
name-checks in the text, especially in reference to Dave Anderson, and to
Brock for being quite a proselytiser for Amon Duul II.

- Andy